The Azaiki Foundation & Public Library is a Registered non-profit Educational Foundation, primarily to provide educational and research assistance to students, academia, educational institutions and the general public.
The librarian will be responsible for acquiring, organizing, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all.
• Selecting, developing, cataloging and classifying library resources
• Answering readers inquiries
• Using library systems and specialist computer applications
• Liaising with academic staff, external organizations and suppliers
• Ensuring that library services meets the needs of particular groups of users (eg staff, postgraduate students, children, etc)
• Supporting Independent research and learning
• Developing IT facilities
• Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etc
• Promoting the library resources to users and the social media
• Facilitate access to information for knowledge, education, and learning.
• Support research activities of the institution by offering proactive information services
• Store and preserve information of archival nature such as local traditions, customs and locally generated process documentation reports, etc.
• Coordinate collection, publication and distribution of library statistics and surveys.
• Provide logistical support in the management of books and other library materials.
• Performs related work as assigned
• Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least five years experience in Library and Information science or related fields from a recognized university.
• Must have ability to construct and conduct surveys.
• Ability to prepare reports and maintain records.
• Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
• Ability to multi-task etc.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants are required to submit applications and detailed curriculum vitae via the institutions email – firstname.lastname@example.org or submit at Azaiki Foundation and Public Library, Plot 01, Andrew Azazi Drive Imgbi Road, Yenagoa, Bayelsa, Nigeria.
All applications should be submitted on or before the 31st of May 2017.